Microdermabrasion works by exfoliating, or removing, the topmost layer of the skin, revealing the supple, vibrant skin underneath.
Microdermabrasions are an ideal treatment for anyone who wants to improve their skin’s appearance, and can be used on any part of the body, not just on the face.
Microdermabrasion is safe on all skin types and colors, even sensitive skin and on acne. For the best results at AH Laser Aesthetics, microdermabrasion can be combined with Laser Skin Rejuvenation and pharmaceutical grade skin care products from SkinMedica to create a completely customized treatment that is right for you.
Dermaplaning is an exfoliating treatment rising in popularity in the U.S. in recent years. Our trained aestheticians use a scalpel to gently exfoliate the top layer of the skin, removing all dead skin and peach fuzz from the face and neck. You are left with smooth, fresh, and healthy skin.
- It is painless and exfoliation helps to stimulate cellular turnover
- Can be performed on the same day as other treatments like chemical peels, laser, microdermabrasion, or other facials for better results
- A good option for clients with sensitivity to chemicals or pregnant women
- It can be performed frequently
- Can help lighten postinflammatory acne scars
- Your hair will not grow back thicker or darker
Clients with active and cystic acne should avoid this type of hair removal, as it can cause further irritation.
What is a microdermabrasion?
At AH Laser Aesthetics, a Microdermabrasion is a quick and convenient procedure that is very popular with patients who have early signs of aging, sun exposure, and other facial imperfections.
Microdermabrasion is a closed vacuum system that delivers aluminum oxide crystals to the skin to aggressively exfoliate away the dull layer of dead skin, smooth and re-texturize the skin, and leave it soft and glowing. A vacuum then suctions away the exfoliated cells and crystals from your skin’s surface.
Is microdermabrasion safe?
Microdermabrasion is safe for all skin types and colors
Why should I consider a microdermabrasion?
At AH Laser Aesthetics, we work with you to achieve your skincare goals. We usually recommend Microdermabrasion for the following concerns:
• Dull, oily or leathery skin texture
• Minimizing enlarged pores
• Exfoliating and suctioning clogged pores in acne cases
• Polishing and reducing fine lines
• Mild acne scarring
• Mild pigment irregularities
• Enhancing penetration of therapeutic remedies
• Minimizing blemishes
• Elimination of white and black heads
• Keratosis Pilaris
Does microdermabrasion hurt?
Microdermabrasion may sting a little around the eye area. Our Aesthetician will normally increase the treatment strength each microdermabrasion session to increase the penetration to the skin. Your skin may feel a little warm and appear a little pink immediately following your treatment, but this is very temporary. You should tell your Aesthetician immediately if your microdermabrasion treatment is too uncomfortable; they can adjust the settings if it is too strong for you.
Can I combine a microdermabrasion with another procedure?
Yes. Microdermabrasion is the perfect complement to other procedures including our pampering facials.